Sunday, July 12, 2009

Orientation

On July 8th, I attended an orientation in Indianapolis with three other Indiana teachers who will also be teaching in Taiwan. It was a great opportunity to meet the other teachers and the contacts from the Indiana Department of Education.

Also, I was contacted by a representative from my school about housing options and found out I will have a roommate from California. She will also be teaching at the same school. We should be living in Taipei City, which is similiar to living in Chicago.

My parents' threw me a small goodbye party this past weekend, which was filled with family and close friends. It was really nice to spend time with everyone before I leave.

My next step is to find host gifts from around the region to take along and present to the school's principal and co-teachers, and for when I am invited to others' houses, etc.

I'll be leaving about 2 weeks and I'm getting really excited! Can't wait to continue to share this with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment