Sunday, May 9, 2010

School Fair, Concert, and Mother's Day


So far, the month of May has been really busy! My school hosted a bilingual fair on the first Saturday of the month, then I joined a second grade class in creating a flower arrangement for our moms for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, Thelma won't be able to experience my arrangement in person, but she sure did appreciate the picture I sent to her of it! Lastly, I was able to catch a Kelly Clarkson concert this past Thursday here in Taipei. I had a really good seat, and it was a great concert to attend. Some interesting things happened while at the concert: The other concert goers, mostly Taiwanese, sat down during all of the slow songs, there were lots of glow sticks, and I got yelled at for taking pictures, so I only have one of Kelly Clarkson. I can't wait for the rest of the month's events!

Kelly Clarkson! She gave a concert here in Taipei and it was a great show!
A face only a mother could truly love, and my mom does!
Posing with the 2nd graders and our lovely flower arrangements for our moms
I was told my flower arrangement was pretty perfect. If teaching doesn't work out, I guess I could always go in to the floral arranging biz.
Working excitedly with the 2nd graders on our Mother's Day flower arrangements
A group picture of the English Village teachers: me, Liesl, Monica, Jacquelyn, Silvia, Sophie (Mandy's daughter), and Mandy
Some of the booths were very interesting to visit...
Candy and me running the English Village booth
Yes, that's right, a Beer Push booth...these Taiwanese know what booths are crowd pleasers, haha!
One of my 3rd grade students, Alice, is practicing her English to get stamps on her reward card to get a prize from me. She did awesome! Doesn't hurt that she's got an awesome English teacher :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment