Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years 2010

New Years Eve this year was spent with new friends in a new country. I ventured onto the MRT around 10p.m. to meet up with some other FETs for a small New Years party. In one of the transfer stations, the police had all passengers corralled like cows and about every 5 minutes, they would release about 100-200 passengers to go down to the platforms. It took 6 trains for me to be able to get on the next line, and it was jam-packed!
When I got to my stop, almost the entire train emptied and I raced to meet my friends at the top entrance. We then walked over to a friend's house for the party. Around 11:30, we headed up to the roof top to watch the countdown and the fireworks from Taipei 101. It was an incredible sight, but in true "blonde moment" fashion, I forgot to put the battery in my camera before leaving my apartment! Last blonde moment of 2009, haha!
Taipei 101 was an amazing sight to see and I am so grateful to have been able to see it. Below is a YouTube clip of Taipei 101 at midnight:
Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment