Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Meeting all in Chinese

Presenting Principal Xu with the book "Hoosier Hearts"


This week was full of lesson planning and creating background stories for all of our lessons. On Thursday, I was introduced at the first staff meeting to the entire faculty. The meeting was all in Chinese, which is one of the oddest feelings I've had. I could sometimes guess what was being said, but really had no idea. I would just listen for my name or stand up when my co-teacher told me to. I now have an appreciation for all ESL students with low English ability.


I was introduced to that staff, and said a few words about how excited I am for the opportunity to work with the staff and the kids and to help in any way I can. Afterwards, I presented the principal with a book about Indiana, "Hoosier Hearts."


The students start on Monday, and I am very anxious to get back to what I love doing: interacting with kids! Hope this finds the beginning of the school year going smoothly for every one and look for another update soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment