Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Typhoon update

Hello everyone! I'm alright; I survived Typhoon Morakat. Lots of teachers in the south part of Taiwan were stranded either in Taipei or a couple other bigger cities, but everyone is safe. It's hot and very, very, very humid. Did I mention it is humid?! It rains every day, but I'd take rain over snow. I'm finding some local places that have good food, and trying new foods as much as I can. We've been working at school and getting our government papers in order. The kids return August 31, but we are busy making lesson plans and posters, etc. As soon as I can, I will post a video I took of the English village I will be teaching in; it is amazing. My schedule for the year is planning in the morning and then 4 days a week, I will teach a grade level for 2 hours. On Wednesday afternoons, I will hold an English club where kids voluntarily come and we will learn a play, act it out, incorporate songs, and design props. At the end of the semester, we'll put on a performance for the school. It will be SWEET! Thanks for all of the thoughts of concern and hopefully I will have more access to the internet and can update you all more often.

I am very homesick, but know that will ease in time. Keep leaving me messages and I will reply as soon as I can!
Staycie

1 comment:

  1. Cooper sends lots of XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    We can't wait to talk to you and "see" you:)

    ReplyDelete